Leading Set in Legal 500 UK Bar Guide 2024
New Square Chambers – Leading Set in Legal 500’s UK Bar Guide 2024
The Legal 500 has released its 2024 guide, and we are delighted to share that New Square Chambers has once again been recognised as a leading set in the latest Legal 500 rankings, marking an exceptional year of achievement.
Chambers has achieved outstanding rankings in 16 practice areas across both the London and Regional Bar
Chambers has garnered an impressive total of 56 rankings, with 27 of its members being acknowledged in this year’s guide. Praised as “an excellent set that distinguishes itself by the high quality and range of barristers,” New Square Chambers has achieved outstanding rankings in 16 practice areas across both the London and Regional Bar, including – Agriculture, Private Client: trusts and probate, Company, Property Litigation, Insolvency, Chancery, Probate & Tax, Commercial Litigation, Property & Construction, Fraud: Civil, Charities, the English Bar Offshore and, notably, two newly added areas of specialization – Court of Protection and community care, along with Crypto and blockchain assets.
We are also delighted to receive recognition for our commitment to exceeding expectations, with feedback such as, “New Square go above and beyond at all levels. Personable, responsive and cost effective. Juniors are a cut above.”
Additionally, the clerking team have been commended as “first-class”, “knowledgeable, reliable and friendly” and they have been lauded for delivering “excellent service from the entire team”.
Notable highlights from our accomplishments in this year’s rankings include:
- Elevated rankings for the set in the Property Litigation category;
- Improved rankings for Ross Crail and Simon Adamyk in the Agriculture category;
- Improved rankings for Mark Hubbard and Simon Adamyk in the Fraud: Civil category;
- New member, John Campbell moves up to Tier 1 in Commercial Litigation in the Midland Circuit;
- The inclusion of new entries in the guide, featuring Aidan Briggs in Agriculture, Jessica Powers in Commercial Litigation, Amy Berry in Private Client: trusts & probate at the London Bar, and Justin Perring in both Company and Insolvency at the London Bar.
- James Saunders, newly ranked in Insolvency and recognised as a rising star in Private Client: trusts and probate;
- Tier 1 recognition in four practice area listings at the Regional Bar – Including at the Western Circuit, the South Eastern Circuit and the Midland Circuit;
- The addition of two new practice area rankings for Chambers, featuring Alexander Learmonth KC and Amy Berry for Court of Protection and community care, and the recognition of Leigh Sagar in Crypto and blockchain assets.
Chambers takes great pride in our acknowledgement in the Legal 500 2024 guide, and we extend our warmest congratulations to all our members for their outstanding accomplishments. In particular, the individual rankings of our members underscore the depth and breadth of our expertise across all practice areas. As described, “New Square Chambers is a highly regarded and well-known set of chambers with considerable breadth and depth of skill in its chosen areas”
We are deeply grateful, and we want to express our heartfelt appreciation to our esteemed clients and colleagues for their unwavering support and invaluable feedback. Furthermore, we hold in high regard the thorough and diligent research carried out by the Legal 500. Our heartfelt appreciation extends to our members, clerks, and staff, whose dedication and hard work have played a pivotal role in this accomplishment.
We are also elated to be shortlisted at this year’s Chambers UK Bar Awards and look forward to celebrating our finalists Alexander Learmonth KC (Chancery: Silk) and Jessica Powers (Diversity & Inclusion: Future Leader) as well as our shortlist in the Diversity & Inclusion: Outstanding Set category. Winners will be announced on Thursday 30 November at the JW Marriott Grosvenor House. Read more here